Who Can Participate?
We are looking for program participants with a variety of leadership experiences. Whether highly involved or new to involvement, we are seeking participants who wish to learn more about leadership and who are ready to start, or continue, their leadership journey. See below more specific information about the requirements.
Check out more information about the The Maroon & White Leadership Fellows program.
One of the benefits of The Maroon & White Leadership Fellows is a balance between structure and creativity. Participants need to meet specific requirements, but they also have the freedom to choose events, programs, organizations, etc. that meet their needs and align with their interests. The element of choice provided in this program encourages participants to make a deeper connection throughout their leadership journey. This also encourages them to take ownership of their learning by making and reflecting upon their decisions. Below is a snapshot of the program.
|Entry (Fall & Spring)||Individual Progress||Exit (Fall & Spring)|
Initial Requirements – Participants Must:
- Be enrolled in at least 6-credit hours at Texas A&M University—College Station
- Be in good academic and conduct standing with the University
- Have at least a 2.25 GPA
- There is no GPA requirement for Freshmen upon acceptance in program; however, Freshmen are responsible for making and maintaining a 2.25 throughout the program
- Submit application form
- Take program pre-assessment
Ongoing Requirements – Participants Must:
- Maintain enrollment in at least 6-credit hours at Texas A&M University—College Station
- Maintain good academic and conduct standing with the University
- Maintain at least a 2.25 GPA
- Meet with Leadership Coach at least 2 times per semester
- Complete Designators and required reflections — must complete one reflection per semester
- Attend 3 meeting trainings and 1 retreat per semester
Final Requirements – Participants Must:
- Complete program within 2 – 5 semesters
- Submit Leadership Engagement Project for approval by deadline
- Attend The Maroon & White Leadership Society Induction Ceremony and present Leadership Engagment Project
- Take program post-assessment
The design of the program allows for participants to create their own pace while completing program requirements, but it is expected that it will take approximately five semesters to complete the program. A minimum of two semesters is required, due to the nature of experiences participants are expected to have. Therefore, a graduating Senior can participate their Fall semester and attend the Induction Ceremony at the end of their Spring semester, upon program requirement completion.
Not Meeting Requirements
Participants must meet all program requirements outlined above before graduation in order to receive full acknowledgment and be formally inducted into The Maroon & White Leadership Society. Failure to progress towards induction may result in being asked to take one semester off from the program or be fully removed from the program and program functions.